That brings up the question, What is the difference between creepy and evil? Are spider webs and monsters evil? No. They are scary and creepy. Who doesn't love a good creepy movie that makes you scream or a good scare? Are witches, ghosts and vampires evil? In our opinion, yes. There are specific Bible verses that warn against such things and therefore we will stay away from them.
Obviously, this is a decision that every family needs to make for themselves. We completely understand why some choose to avoid the day altogether, but for us, we have decided to make it a fun day for dressing up, eating candy and carving pumpkins.
So with that as a disclaimer....here are pictures from our evening. We had a couple of friends over for chili, candy-handing-out/eating, costuming, and jack-o-lantern carving. I was a gypsy, Justin was Frankenstein (yes, I did his makeup...yay for being a music theater major!), and Braxton was a lion. He was so cute! He's been grunting and "growling" so much lately that it was the perfect costume for him!

Speaking of creepy things...aren't we a creepy bunch of siblings? lol! At least in this picture we give a very good imitation of being fully insane. Featured we have GI Joe, gypsy, and hippie. Anyone find it interesting that mine and Lisa's entire costumes (minus my jewelry and scarf) came from Lisa's closet? I told you she has a weird collection of clothes!

I will say this. I was shocked at how many children do not say thank you when you give them handfuls of candy. Should we ever decide to take Braxton trick or treating (still haven't made that decision), we will definitely be practicing the gratitude aspect!

The completed works. Ours is on the far left. The winner was Team James/Kara/Mark on the far right (pirate pumpkin)





No comments:
Post a Comment