On top of all of the craziness of rehearsals, I've also been dealing with several health issues. About 12 weeks post partum I started experiencing Post Partum Anxiety which gradually got worse as the weeks went on. It has definitely been a struggle I never expected to face, but God is good and I have a wonderful support system in my husband and mom/family, incredible friends and my Friday morning Bible study gals who have come to sit with me on my bad days, hugged me when I was falling apart, and taken care of Braxton when I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore. The greatest blessing throughout my difficult postpartum journey has been a renewed belief in how great God's faithfulness is to those who trust him. Sometimes we get going so fast we feel like we can do it on our own if we just have enough caffeine. But as a sweet friend from my Young Mom's friday morning Bible study reminded me, there are times in life when we have to be carried by God and those around us. I am so thankful to the Lord for faithfully carrying me through this time of anxiety and to my husband, family members and friends who have carried emotionally as well!
Justin is keeping busy working at LSI and recovering from a nasty cold that took each of us down week by week. He is also doing some part time work for our neighbor who is building a house. He's loving the time outside and getting to do something other than sit in an office. While I'm at rehearsal, he usually gets to spend some quality time with Braxton. If only Braxton would consider it quality time. Braxton is currently quite the mama and grandma's boy and will only be good for me, my mom or Oma. He usually plays nicely with Justin for about 30 minutes and then realizes I'm gone and goes nuts! Poor guy. I keep telling Justin this is just a phase. Soon all he's going to want to do is be with daddy and won't want to be with "boring old mommy" at all. :-)
Braxton is doing beautifully. Growing so fast and getting huge. :-) At his last dr. appointment he weighed 17.6 lbs!! He is well into the 90% percentile for both height and weight. His temperament is still fairly laid back and he has started laughing and learning how to sit up. We are so blessed!!
Here are a couple of pictures of our sweet boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment