"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Friday, November 13, 2009

Oh look! Something Shiny!

If you all look at our family picture, you might notice something new, exciting and different on me. (STOP LOOKING FOR THE BABY BUMP....that's just leftover fat from the pregnancy!!) I was referring to the lovely, long necklace I'm wearing. Anyone who has known me for long period of time knows that jewelry has never really been my thing...in fact, accessories in general have never really been my thing. Well, now jewelry and training women how to accesorize is my new "career" (I use the term career very loosely because it's so easy :-)).

For the last month, I've been honing my skills as a independent consultant for Premier Jewelry. Premier is a Biblically based company that and their consultant position is geared specifically to work well for a stay at home mom. They have been around since 1985 and offer an incredible line of high fashion jewelry. I am having so much fun doing the home shows and getting to meet new people and overcome old fears (like carrying on business phone conversations...yikes!!). Plus while I'm still far from being a master of accessories, now I at least feel like I can throw on a necklace, earrings, and dare I say...maybe even a bracelet without having a panic attack! My how times are changing!

So why am I sharing all this? Mainly because I've been working on stuff for my mini-company all afternoon and I'm really excited about it. Two, I want to share my excitement and the way God has been answering prayers with all of you! We began praying in July/August that God would provide a way for me to be able to stay home more with Braxton, but still bring in a little bit of extra income for our savings. It has been incredible to see how God brought this opportunity right when we needed it most; the way He has answered my prayers for filling shows on specific dates; even the exact number of shows He has provided for me (I prayed for 9...I currently have 9 shows booked on my calendar!).

It reminds me of the verse in Matthew: "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! (Matthew 7:11) While I've always loved giving gifts, I understand the idea of giving a good gift to your child a little better now. You don't just want to give them something that will be mindless entertainment for them. You want to give them a gift that will be fun for them and have positive long-term benefits (like helping them build their skills). I am so thankful to God for giving us this opportunity. I am loving my gift and I believe it will have positive benefits for both our bank account and my own personal abilities.

1 comment:

  1. Darn...disappointed about the baby bump. LOL.

    Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete