All bundled up at 8:00 am heading to the parade! Who knew this would be the warmest time of the day?
Lining up for the parade. Next year, I want to figure out how I can get to ride in this chair for the parade instead of walking! Although, this year the walking actually kept me a little bit warmer. :-)
This is quite possibly my favorite picture of the entire event! One of our youngest "townskids" desperately trying to stay warm.
My friend, Erin (our music director) and I trying to pass the time. She was smart and brought a hat, scarf and gloves. I was so busy making sure my baby had 25 layers of clothing that I forgot to grab things for myself!
See? He was so cozy that he slept through the entire parade in complete comfort. If you put your face near his you could feel the heat radiating from inside the carrier. Lucky! :-)
My stroller basket somehow became the communal carrier for extra layers, banners, swords, etc. Thanks guys. I really needed 20 more lbs to push 1.5 miles! :-)
All done with the parade! Now can we hibernate in a warm cave for the next 4 hours until the sneak peek?
We decided at first to hibernate in the warm car. But then decided to move to Panera for warm soup to thaw ourselves from the inside out! :-) I love how Braxton's like "what are you guys complaining about? I didn't feel a thing?"
At Panera, I ran into two of my best friends from high school. Boo and Gus Hock!! I hadn't seen them in years! We actually wound up sitting at the table right next to them and got to catch up a little bit. It was so fun running into them and getting to introduce them to Boo's "namesake" Braxton-Boo! :-)
Thanks Goodness!!! The sneak-peek was supposed to be outside, but since it was so stinkin' cold they opened up the community center. Here's some of the cast singing "We Lead a Merry Little Life".

Laura I know Gus...not well but he goes to Benedictine and he's friends with some of my good friends. Weird huh?
ReplyDelete