"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Sunday, February 13, 2011

ALERT! Brain is MIA!!

Oh how I would love to have my brain back. That's one thing about pregnancy that I never recover from.

Thursday night, I made Tater Tot Casserole. It had been a while, but I bit the bullet and bought Tater Tots this week. I put the ingredients together and made it extra special by adding extra tater tots. Oh this is going to be good!

We sat down to dinner and I pulled it out of the oven. Mmmmmm...it looked a little different, but I figured it had just been in the oven a little longer. That just means the tater tots wills be extra crispy. Yum! I scooped it onto the plates, we sat down and prayed for God to bless our yummy dinner. Then I took a bite and ...

UGH!!!!! It was sweet. Sickeningly sweet. I had a tater tot in my mouth and it tasted like it was covered in vanilla pudding. I did everything I could not to puke. Justin took a big bite - and immediately spit it back out. What on earth could possibly be wrong? I thought through the ingredients. Pretty straight forward. Beef, Green beans, Cream of Chicken soup (I make my own, so I know that didn't have anything sweet in it), Evaporated milk...ohhhhhh snap. I dug through the trash. I had used Condensed Milk. No biggie - I've made tater tot casserole before with condensed milk and it was really good. Read the fine print, it was Extra-sweetened Condensed Milk. Gag!! No wonder if looked like melted ice cream when I poured it in. Oh it was nasty. Nasty nasty nasty! I've never felt more OK dumping an entire 9x13 casserole into the trash. We had leftovers for dinner. Yummy leftovers.

Well, you can't win every night. :-) The only really sad part was that I had used extra tater tots. What a sad waste of fried tater goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment