"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Hike

This has been such a fun week! I've been keeping busy busy helping get ready for the wedding next week. Dress fittings, Creating/printing/assembling/folding/embossing the programs (which turned out beautifully!!), and lots of other fun activities. But Justin declared Saturday to be family day and we were going to go hiking. I must admit, it was great to inhale fresh air instead of embossing powder. :-)

We hiked Palmer Red Rock Trail which was just over 6 miles. 2 miles of them were steep incline. It was one of the most intense, hard things I've physically done, but it was gorgeous. This KS flatlands girl just needs to get used to hiking UP. :-)

Getting ready to go

This deer jumped right out next to us. All three of us were so startled!

WE MADE IT!! This was after the 2 mile incline. This was also when Justin told me we hadn't even made it to the top yet, just the steepest part of the incline. :-)

Family picture in front of the look out. I love the carpet of pine trees

The very top of the peak. Beautiful views. There was only a very very very narrow passage between two rocks to get up there as it was well off the beaten path. Only crazy hikers like us go up there apparently.

My brave husband climbed up even higher... sans me and Braxton (couldn't keep the balance with the baby carrier). At the very top of the highest rock of the peak is the radio tower thing.

Braxton hanging out on the cliff

(Before anyone freaks out about above picture, it's an angle picture. I was right behind Braxton securely holding him. :-))

After the climb to the top, we began a beautiful 4 mile descent. The trail wound through the mountains. Amazing views and lots of FOREST (which I am falling more and more in love with)!

I found a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!

According to Justin, as soon as this house goes for sale we are buying it

A surprise creek that flowed across the path

At the end of the trail we walked along the creek and then decided to take a break and enjoy the water and the day. It was freezing and refreshing!

So relaxing!

We're done!! Now for some Chipotle! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment