Wedding #2 of 2010!! My life-long best friend, SheriLynne is getting married on Friday!! I couldn't be happier or more excited for her and Jonathan. I am so grateful to God (and our moms) for giving me such an amazing friend! We've shared so many seasons of life together and now that we both have our Prince Charmings, we get to experience "wife-ing" together. :-)
I love my sweet friend for so many reasons. I love that she is always on the go and listening for the Spirit of God to show her where to go next. The Spirit is leading her and Jonathan to Africa in January and even though I am going to miss her so very much, I praise God that they are following Him into the ministry!
I love that SheriLynne has a heart to serve others. Young or old. Troubled or happy, SheriLynne is ready to help them with a smile on her face and joy in her heart. She jumped in and did SO much to help me with my wedding. By far the best maid of honor I could have asked for!!
I love that SheriLynne is compassionate. I can always call her and talk to her about whatever my problem at the moment may be and she is ready to listen and advise as I need. She tells me the tough things I need to hear ("chill! you're being a brat right now") and the tender things I need to hear ("I'm so glad God put you in my life").
I love that SheriLynne is patient. SheriLynne watched several of her friends fall in love and get married while she was still waiting for her Prince Charming. But never once did she openly groan or complain about it. She kept busy, serving the Lord, and in HIS perfect timing, He brought her the perfect one for her.
I love that SheriLynne is sassy (in the bright and lively kind of way ;-))! She always makes everything fun! A crazy dance move, hysterical laughter, a perfectly timed comment/joke, or us just being us...life is more fun with SheriLynne around!
I love that SheriLynne and I have been friends forever! We've shared so many tea parties, slumber parties, ballet lessons, and countless other memories. From little girls playing wedding to big girls planning their weddings and getting married, we've been right by each others side.
I love you, friend! I can't wait to watch you and Jonathan join your lives on Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment