"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Trip back to Wichita

We had a whirlwind trip back to Wichita the July 5-11 for Brandon and Amanda's wedding. It was such a fun, crazy week! I still can't believe it's over and they're married! Here are a few pictures from the other happenings of the week.

Ready to leave for the airport at 6am on Monday July 5. Braxton and I flew into Wichita because Justin wasn't going to be able to drive out until Wednesday and I didn't want to drive 8 hours by myself with a toddler. A one hour flight sounded much better to me. :-) I don't have any pictures of us at the airport because I was juggling, Braxton and two carry-ons (opted not to check any baggage because it's so stinkin' expensive!)

That evening Jesse and Crystal came over and I realized I hadn't done pictures of the boys since Thanksgiving so I took them outside while the lighting was still good. I didn't get many shots of them both looking at me, but I got some good candid shots. :-)

Cute boy!

They were both completely captivated by the airplane that was flying by!

I love this one! Those two always have so much fun when they are together!

This was the closest I got to both of them looking at me with pleasant expressions and eyes open. :-)

Me with Katilynn. I was getting ready to go out with Lisa and she came downstairs and said she wanted me to make her "pretty too!" After I explained to her she already was beautiful just the way she was, we did a mini makeover. Then she wanted her hair "poofed up in the front like yours, Aunt Laura." I love my little girly girl niece. I asked Kathryne, who had turned down all makeup offers, if she wanted to "smell-good spray." She replied "sure" and as soon as I handed her the bottle, she proceeded to spray Johnny with it. I love my little tomboy, prankster niece!

Braxton and I on the rocking horse that used to be mine

Johnny's latest hobby...plastic cup tower building

Wedding Stuff!!! Wednesday we folded programs

Embossing programs

Tasting punch. Yummy!

On Thursday we did flowers. I arranged most of the table centerpieces, while the other girls worked on corsages.

Creating Amanda's bouquet.

Friday we had to set up at the church. This was NOT how the reception area was supposed to be set up! Shannon and I started to rearrange and then the Wegener recruits came and helped us whip it into shape!

After! So much better!

Steaming tablecloths. This did not work!

Working in the sanctuary trimming pew bews. I just so happened to trim this one a little too short! :-)

At the bachelorette party, I arranged for Gretchen Middleton to come to a photoshoot of all the girls with the bride. Since Amanda is moving away, I figured it would be a fun way for her to remember her friends! Gretchen did a phenomenal job!!
Photo by Gretchen Middleton

Photo by Gretchen Middleton

Photo by Gretchen Middleton

Photo by Gretchen Middleton

Photo by Gretchen Middleton

Photo by Gretchen Middleton

No comments:

Post a Comment