We've been going through the book of Isaiah in my ladies Bible study at church. Wow! What a powerful study it has been. Each week I am encouraged and strengthened by the reminder that Our Lord, HE is God and there is none beside Him. The book of Isaiah makes it clear He will let nothing stand between Him and His chosen people as He constantly calls Israel to remember remember remember that He is their God. He constantly draws them back to Him and delivers them even as they continue to forget and rebel. Wow. Just writing that humbles me. He has spared nothing to make me His and all He asks in return is that I honor, obey and love Him. Wow. How often do I fail? Too often. How often does He fail? Never.
A few weeks ago we were in Isaiah 43 and one of the ladies mentioned that the beginning portion sounded like God's Valentines Day card to His chosen ones. It certainly is a love letter! Valentine's Day is the nationally set aside day to celebrate love. We celebrate it by buying or creating gifts, inscribing cards, and reminding those closest to us that we love them. But nothing compares to the sacrifice of love that Christ made to claim our souls; and no handmade card (no matter how touchingly beautiful) can even come close to this declaration of love made by God in Isaiah 43.
Isaiah 43:1-7
But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob,
And He who formed you, O Israel,
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.
“For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I have given Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your place.
“Since you are precious in My sight,
Since you are honored and I love you.
I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.
“Do not fear, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
And gather you from the west.
“I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring My songs from afar
And My daughters from the ends of the earth,
Everyone who is called by My name,
And whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”
Happy Valentine's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment