"Do you want to go to your friend's house?" I asked.
"No. My fodder's house."
"Who is Fodder?"
"Fodder!" He was very determined. Wherever he wanted to go, it was to Fodder's House.
Then it clicked. He was saying "Father." He wanted to go to "My Father's House" (heaven). We've been listening to the Steve Green "Hide 'Em In Your Heart" CDs in the car and one of the songs on there is based on the verse John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions...I go to prepare a place for you."
What a sweet, wonderful opportunity was given to me. I was fighting back tears as I explained to him that he will be able to spend forever in His Heavenly Father's house if he loves God and asks Him to come live inside his heart. We've talked about heaven before and how God lives there and wants us to live there as well, but to hear Braxton respond and say he wanted to go to heaven melted my heart. When I told Braxton that mommy and daddy were going to live in heaven one day, he asked if grandma and papa could be up there too. You betchya! He also asked me if he could see Mary, Jesus's mommy. Ever since Christmas he has loved to talk about Jesus's mommy and when he prays at night he usually says "happy birthday Jesus."
Today was a conversation and a moment I will remember forever. My first real conversation with Braxton about salvation. I think because he is still so young and doesn't always interact in spiritual conversations, it's easy for me to forget that he is a little sponge. When we read the Bible, pray together, go to church and sing Bible songs he is absorbing all of it, even if we can't see it at the moment. Today, God blessed me with the assurance that our teachings and prayers are not in vain. He is working in Braxton's heart and has entrusted Justin and I with the amazing gift of helping our little sponge soak up the things of God.
My prayer since before he was born was that he would love God and and be a mighty warrior for God. I can't wait for the day when we will all be in our Father's house together!! Definitely beats going to Hobby Lobby. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment