"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fun Pictureless Week

This week has been so much fun. We've been keeping pretty busy which is always a good thing. :-) Sadly though, our camera has been dead the whole week. But did I remember to put it on the charger? Nope. So, my apologies at our pictureless week. :-)

Saturday - Last Saturday we attended the Forestgate annual church picnic. We had amazing beautiful weather and met several new people. We are still praying to be able to find and get involved with a good small group that has young families.

Saturday pt 2. - After the picnic we headed over to Jonathan and SheriLynne's. We decided to go hiking along a beautiful trail. I was kicking myself the whole time for not having a camera! We walked along a stream (or river in KS terms) that had huge boulders in it. We got a little taste of scrambling as we climbed up a short incline that was over 45 degrees and consisted of loose rock and gravel (Jonathan was behind me and he said for every step I took, I kept falling back 3 steps lol). Then we went out and climbed the boulders in the middle of the stream. I couldn't make it all the way to the top because I have really bad traction in my shoes....and someone had to stay with Braxton (and I might have felt a little better if we had a rope or something to hang onto ;-)). But I did go up most of the way which was fun. :-)
After we were finished, we went back to our place to grill hamburgers and play Settlers of Catan. SheriLynne and Justin creamed us, but is that any surprise since they have Isaac blood in them?

Sunday - Church and Rest

Wednesday - Braxton and I went to Focus on the Family for the first time. It was so cool. We went with a friend of mine and her twin girls who are the same age as Braxton. Focus has a toddler play room and Braxton had so much fun crawling through the logs and climbing onto the turtle. I was really kicking myself that I didn't have a camera! Braxton, Hadley and Leila have to be the cutest little trio of toddlers there ever were (and they can devour animal crackers faster than you can imagine!).
Wednesday night we went back over to Jonathan and SheriLynne's to grill fajitas. Wednesday was a very hot day, but the evening was beautiful. SheriLynne cut Braxton's hair (4th haircut) and I told her to cut it short because I was so tired of him always needing a haircut. It's the shortest it's ever been but he looks so grown up and cute. It spikes in the back now just like Justin's. :-)

Thursday - Toddler Time. Braxton loves our Thursday morning trips to the library. They have a special story time just for toddlers where we sing songs, do poems with finger actions and of course read books. We picked up some videos (Barney and Bob the Builder) and even more books. Braxton is a book reading fanatic and he will sit contentedly on my lap for almost 30 minutes while I read to him.

So there's our pictureless week. Braxton still isn't walking or even standing on his own. I'm not worried about it, but it is becoming more of a challenge because he's gaining weight. He just finished a big growth spurt so it's getting harder to carry him everywhere. If you all think about it, you might pray that he begins to show some progress in those areas. He has done both standing and walking before, so I know he has the ability, just not the motivation (crawling is faster right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment